X-lines – rapid bus links from Go North East
Welcome to X-lines, your new-look fast, direct bus links from Go North East to get you to work, to the shops, or off for a nice day out.
Buses are comfortable and easy to spot in their smart gold colour scheme. With free Wi-Fi and USB charging on board, great value fares, next-stop announcements and drivers that are helpful and friendly, it really is the best way to go.
X-lines X6 and X7 between Peterlee and Sunderland
This is your improved X6 and X7 between Peterlee and Sunderland, running every 30 minutes throughout the day Mondays to Saturdays, with an end-to-end journey of under 40 minutes. X-lines X6 and X7 also serves Dalton Park, Spectrum Business Park, Seaham and Grangetown.Find out more and view timetable
X-lines X20 between Durham and Sunderland
This is your improved, faster X20 between Durham and Sunderland, running every 30 minutes throughout the day Mondays to Saturdays, with an end-to-end average journey time of only 45 minutes. X-lines X20 also serves Belmont, Carrville, Rainton Bridge, Houghton-le-Spring and East Herrington.Find out more and view timetable
First time using the bus? Here's our simple guide:
- Get to the bus stop a few minutes before the departure time.
- Raise your arm to signal stop as the bus approaches.
- Tell our friendly driver your destination and ticket type (one way, return, day or weekly).
- Pay by contactless, cash (we give change) or buy in advance on our app.
- Take a seat, enjoy the ride and press the bell when the bus gets close to where you want to get off.