Grab a bargain with the Eat Out to Help Out scheme
2 months ago
We're welcoming people back to public transport, with anyone now able to travel with us, and most services are running to times that are similar to their pre-coronavirus timetables to help support independent businesses, restaurants, cafés, bars and pubs.
Our buses are clean, safe and good to go – and the good news doesn't end there either! Thanks to the government's Eat Out to Help Out scheme, you can now save 50% when you eat in at registered restaurants during August.
Participating establishments are offering:
- 50% discount on food or non-alcoholic drinks to eat or drink in (up to a maximum of £10 discount per diner)
- Discount is available every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday throughout August
You can even use the discount as many times as you like, so there's nothing stopping you returning again and again throughout the month for more bargains.
Whether you fancy staying local at your favourite independent restaurant or venturing into Durham, Newcastle or Sunderland to help kick-start our economy, we've got you covered with our frequent services, handy journey planner and bus capacity checking tools.
You don't need a voucher to use this scheme and you can use it at the same time as other offers and discounts. There is no minimum spend.
The discount will be automatically available to you at participating establishments and they'll then claim a reimbursement from the government for the discount they’ve given you.
Great value bus tickets
- £3.50 Evening Ticket – gives you unlimited travel on our services after 7pm, with the exception of X9 | X10 and special services.
- £6.50 Evening Group Ticket – gives up to 4 people unlimited travel on our services after 7pm, with the exception of X9 | X10 and special services.
- Not travelling on an evening? Check out our full range of money saving tickets.