Temporary changes to timetables from 25 September
4 weeks ago
Due to a national driver shortage, reflecting labour shortages now being seen in many sectors across the country, and a short-term increase in sickness absence, we are making some temporary changes to a small number of our high-frequency services from Saturday 25 September.
These changes will reduce staffing requirements, and in turn the number of on-the-day cancellations being made to journeys on some routes across the Go North East network. If your service isn’t listed below, then it will continue to run to its normal timetable.
You can view all the timetables in our timetables and maps section – simply select your service and change the calendar to your desired date. Live times are also available on both our website and app. Paper leaflets will also be available on board buses soon.
- This service will be reduced in frequency from every 12 minutes to every 15 between Newcastle, Gateshead, Washington Galleries, Houghton-le-Spring and Easington Lane.
- Journeys will continue beyond Easington Lane to Peterlee or Dalton Park every 30 minutes.
- View timetable
- This service will be reduced in frequency from every 7-8 minutes to every 10 between Newcastle, Gateshead, Low Fell, Birtley and Chester-le-Street.
- Journeys will continue beyond Chester-le-Street to Durham and Brandon every 30 minutes, at the same times they run now.
- At peak times on weekdays, there will still be a bus every 7-8 minutes between Newcastle and Chester-le-Street.
- View timetable
In April we launched a number of seasonal services to help give the region’s staycation market a boost, including our brand-new Seasider X11 service running to Whitby and Scarborough. These services have been very popular and we’re glad to have been a part of our customers’ great days out, but demand for these services has now reduced following the end of the summer holidays. As such, the following services will be suspended over the autumn/winter season:
- Seasider X11
- Beamish Museum Express B1
- NewcastleGateshead Toon Tour
We’d like to thank everyone who has travelled with us on these services over the summer, and we’re hopeful to reinstate them again next year for the summer season.
Services 6 and X72
There will also be some minor changes to the evening timetables on services 6 and X-lines X72 from 25 September, with some journeys re-timed by up to 4 minutes to provide better connections between these services at Stanley Bus Station.