GDPR Privacy Notice for young people aged under 16
GDPR stands for the General Data Protection Regulation and it is now the law. It is designed to keep your personal information safe.
Personal information can be:
- Date of Birth
- Family information
- Emergency contact details
- Home address and contact details
- Email address
- School information
- Health information
- What language you speak
- Educational needs
- Any incidents that may have happened
The Go-Ahead Group plc is a "data controller"; this means that it collects and uses information about you. The Go-Ahead Group may provide bus and transport for you and your School. As data controller we are responsible for looking after your information and only using this for relevant purposes.
Data Protection Principles
GDPR has some important principles that ensure that we protect your information:
- We must use your information lawfully, and tell you how we use your information
- If we collect your information for one purpose we can only use it for that purpose
- We need to keep your information up to date
- We can only keep it for as long as it is needed
- We need to look after your information and keep it safe
Why do we collect and use your information?
We only collect your information so that we can use it to do our job, which is mainly transporting you safely to where you need to go. We also may use your information to:
- Contact your school
- Contact your parents
- To protect your welfare
- To assess the quality of our service
- To comply with the law in data sharing
Do you have to give us your information?
You must give us quite a lot of the information we need, but there is some information that you can choose whether to let us have it or not. When we ask you for information that you don’t have to give us, we will ask for your permission and let you know why we want it and what we will do with it. If you don’t want us to have the information, that’s your choice.
How long will we keep your information?
We don’t keep it forever, only for as long as we need it to help us do the thing we needed it for. We have a policy that tells us when to keep it and when to bin it.
Will your information be shared?
We won’t share your information with anyone else without your permission, unless the law says we can or should. If we do share your information it will generally be with the School or Local Authority and Heath Care providers.
What are your rights?
- Be told how we use your information.
- Ask to see the information we hold.
- Ask us to change information you think is wrong.
- Ask us to remove information when it’s not needed anymore.
- Ask us to only use your information in certain ways.
- Tell us you don’t want your information to be processed.
Sometimes it might be appropriate for the person who looks after you to ask for these for you.
If the information we are collecting is information that you can choose not to give, you can tell us to stop collecting it at any time.
If you’re worried about how we get and use your information, you can speak to our Group Data Protection Officer who can be contacted at email@example.com. Our registered office address is 3rd Floor, 41-51 Grey Street, Newcastle, NE1 6EE.
If you want to complain about we use your personal data, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Officer. You can find out more information about them at https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/.
Or you can bring an action in court against us.