AD122 Hadrian's Wall Country Bus
The Hadrian’s Wall Country Bus makes it easy to explore our Roman heritage and get out and about in some of the country’s most spectacular landscapes.
Sit back and relax as we take you to the sights and sounds of Hadrian’s Wall and journey back to AD122 where you can visit some amazing attractions and experience what life was like in Roman times. Or, you can walk parts of the Hadrian’s Wall path and jump on and off the bus to help you get around.
We’ll make sure you don’t miss your stop as our buses announce all the stops along the route, so just ring the bell when you hear your stop.
AD122 will run from 4 July until 1 November 2020
NEW weekend only Winter timetable will run from 7 November to 20 December 2020, and 13 February to 28 March 2021
UPDATE: Please note that the AD122 will not run during lockdown.
You can view the Winter timetable by clicking to view the timetable below and moving the calendar to your desired date.
AD122 Rover Tickets
AD122 Rover tickets allow unlimited travel on the AD122.
|AD122 Rover – 1 Day||AD122 Rover – 3 Day||AD122 Rover add-ons – 1 Day|
|Child (5-16)||£6.50||£13||+ £5|
|Student / concession||£9.50||£19||+ £8|
|Family (up to two adults and three children)||£26||£52||+ £22|
|If you already have a valid North East or North West Explorer ticket you can pay the AD122 add-on prices shown above|
AD122+ Rover Tickets
AD122+ Rover tickets allow unlimited travel on the AD122, as well as all other Go North East buses except Night Buses, Toon Tour and special event services.
|AD122+ Rover – 1 Day||AD122+ Rover – 3 Day|
|Student / concession||£13||£26|
|Family (up to two adults and three children)||£33||£66|
Places to explore
- Chesters Roman Fort – nestled in a riverside location, it’s not hard to see why Chesters was a good spot for the Romans to set up a base. The fort boasts one of the best Roman bathhouses you can see in Britain.
- Roman Army Museum, Walltown – an extensive museum which gives the whole family a fantastic introduction to the Roman Army and Hadrian’s Wall. Be transported back 2000 years when you put on your 3D glasses to watch the award winning Eagles Eye film!
- Walltown Crags – this is one of the finest places to see Hadrian’s Wall, where it snakes and dives through dramatic countryside along the crags of the Whin Sill.
- Birdoswald Roman Fort – the perfect place to see the longest continuous remaining stretch of the magnificent World Heritage Site of Hadrian's Wall. Explore the extensive remains of the Roman fort and discover interactive displays.
Discounts with your AD122 or 185 bus ticket
We've got some great discounts at places to visit on Hadrian's Wall - just show your AD122 or 185 bus ticket and save!
- Save 10% on admission to Vindolanda
- Save 10% on admission to Roman Army Museum
- Save 10% on admission to Housesteads
- Save 10% on admission to Chesters
- Save 10% on admission to Birdoswald