We have made every effort to ensure accuracy of information contained on web pages, downloadable documents on gonortheast.co.uk and timetable information on the Go North East app.
- Use of gonortheast.co.uk and Go North East app is subject to your acceptance of the following terms and conditions of use.
- When using gonortheast.co.uk or the Go North East App, we will not be held liable for anything that may result as a consequence of any inaccuracies, or any omissions from, the information which it may contain.
- All documents and related graphics are provided "as is" without guarantee.
- You should not assume that the information displayed is free from error or that it will be suitable for the particular purpose that you have in mind when using it.
- We are not responsible for the content when providing outbound links to other websites, nor does it guarantee that these links will always work.
- We maintain a high security ethic and test material through many stages, however we advise that you should always run an anti-virus program.
- We cannot accept any responsibility for any loss or damage to data or your computer system which may occur while using material derived from gonortheast.co.uk, the Go North East App or an external link.
E-mails from Go North East and gonortheast.co.uk
- The information contained in e-mails and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended for the addressee only. If you receive an e-mail in error please notify the originator or telephone 0191 420 5050.
- The opinions contained in the e-mails are those of the author and do not represent those of Go North East.
- We endeavor to ensure e-mails and attachments are free from viruses prior to being sent and will not be liable for any losses as a result of any viruses being passed on.
- Our Facebook and Twitter pages are for the purposes of keeping customers informed and receiving customers’ feedback. We welcome feedback from all customers and want to hear all points of view including criticism of how we are doing.
- There are a few basic house rules of using our social media accounts which include:
- We reserve the right to remove posts that contain foul or abusive language, or which for other reasons are considered seriously inappropriate. This would include hoax incident reports for example, personal attacks on staff or other Facebook users or information that we deem sensitive.
- If you are reporting a particular incident, we will try and help you as quickly as possible, but for incidents where a full investigation is required, then you will be re-directed to use one of the methods on our Contact Us page. We will report any pages or accounts that are set up to look like an account belonging to us, which includes the use of our logo. For your own safety be careful about posting any personal details. Please don't post advertising, spam or links to other pages as they will be hidden / deleted.
- If you have accepted that you are willing to accept e-mails from us, you will be sent e-mails to your specified email address.
- You can opt out from receiving promotional and service change e-mails, by logging into your account and ticking the relevant box, or contacting us and supplying your contact e-mail address.
Go North East Bus Company (the “Company”) App
These terms and conditions (the “terms”) govern the use of the Go North East App (the “App”). By downloading the App you agree to be bound by these terms. “We” “us” “our” refers to the Company. “You” “your” refers to the person downloading and/or using the App. We may modify these terms at any time by posting revised terms on the App and/or the Company website.
1. Unregistered use:
You do not need to register an account to use the App, however if you wish to use the app to travel you must have a verified account. A verified account is an account where you have verified the information provided by entering a four digit code sent to the sign in method used, at present this is the email address you enter during the sign up process. You do not need to add payment details to use tickets – tickets can be gifted (see section 9 below) but you must register a payment method to purchase tickets using the app. If you do not register to use the app, but continue to use it, you agree to be bound by the terms detailed in sections 4 to 9 below. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms you must uninstall the app.
2. Mobile tickets
To use mobile tickets with the app you must register and verify an account. You must only log into one device at a time. Should you damage your device and are unable to log out of your account, the company will be able to restore access to your account so that you can log in on a replacement device. In such circumstances, you must contact the company by the customer support number. One copy of the App may be installed per device only. You must not install more than one copy of the App under different names.
b. Purchase of tickets
Tickets purchased using the app are delivered instantly. Once purchased, your mobile ticket cannot be altered. In the event of an accidental purchase, you should contact the Company as soon as reasonably possible. We will review your case and, if we deem it appropriate, we will refund you the cost of your purchase. If your mobile ticket is gifted or activated accidentally, we will not be able to refund this. Other than where a mobile ticket is “gifted” to another recipient, mobile tickets purchased are locked to your registered device and cannot be transferred, copied or moved to another device. If you uninstall the app, you may lose access to any purchased tickets, whether activated or not, even if you reinstall. In such circumstances, you will need to contact the Company, whose agents will review your case and may restore your tickets.
With the exception of gifting as described in section 2c below, you must not purchase extra tickets for use by a second person. This will result in the driver refusing travel. Mobile tickets are intended only for the holder of the mobile device to use - multiple tickets cannot be activated on one device and shared. Where tickets for multiple passengers are used, the account holder must travel with the party at all times.
c. Gifting tickets
Mobile tickets may be purchased by one person and transferred for use to another person. This process is known as the “gifting” of mobile tickets. A mobile ticket purchased by one person and passed to another person for use is known as a mobile ticket that has been “gifted”. Mobile tickets may only be “gifted” if both the purchaser and the recipient have registered accounts on the App. It is only possible to gift unused tickets – for example a multi journey ticket cannot be gifted if one of the journeys has been used. Once a ticket has been gifted, it cannot be re-gifted. This includes tickets that have been added to your account by our agents.
d. Activation and use
The mobile tickets made available by the App may only be used for travel on the Company’s services and other specified services. Tickets are downloaded to your registered mobile device via the internet and must be refreshed periodically by using the app while your device is online whether the tickets are activated or not. Provided your device has been online recently, you do not need to be online to activate and use tickets, however you must be prepared to take your device online at the request of a company official.
3. Display to Company Staff:
By purchasing a mobile ticket you agree to cooperate fully with company officials and show your phone/ticket for inspection if asked to do so. Where specified on the mobile ticket, proof of entitlement (for example proof of age or student status) forms part of your mobile ticket and must be shown on request to company officials. Your mobile ticket should be displayed clearly on the device screen. Where a QR code is used, this must be presented to the reader and to the driver or other company official upon request. Where a flash pass is used, you must show the pass clearly to the bus driver so they are able to see the content of the pass. If your device is offline, you must be prepared to take it online at the request of a company official. If you are unable to show the mobile ticket when requested then a paper ticket will need to be purchased if you wish to travel. On some devices, the App can take several seconds to load up, so it is recommended that you load the App and mobile ticket whilst waiting for the bus - failure to have a visible mobile ticket on your mobile phone will result in you having to pay for a new ticket. It is your responsibility to ensure that the mobile phone is sufficiently charged to display the mobile ticket as many times as required for the duration of your journey, including at origin and destination stops.
4. Use of the App – The App:
a. allows you to buy tickets for travel with the Company and provides you with other ancillary information (the “purpose”). All tickets purchased for travel via the App are subject to the terms and conditions of carriage of the Company and can be found;
b. may only be used for the purpose and for your own personal use. You may not use the App or allow the App to be used for any reason other than the purpose and specifically you may not use the App for commercial purposes;
c. Is owned by the Company and its licensors. All intellectual property rights contained in, or which exist in the appearance or operation of, the App are, as between you and us, the property of us and our licensors and to the extent we are able we grant you a revocable, royalty free licence to use the App for the purpose only.
5. Technical Requirements.
The App may only be accessible and function when used in conjunction with certain operating system. It is your responsibility to ensure that the mobile device that you operate the App on has the required version of the relevant operating system. You are responsible for all data charges incurred when using the App with the provider of data services to your mobile device.
6. Suspension and Termination.
We may cease to operate the or make available make it available at any time (either permanently or temporarily) and, other than refunding the values of any balance associated with unused portions of tickets purchased using the App shall have no liability to you for such temporary or permanent cessation.
If you lose the mobile device on which your mobile tickets are stored, we will not be liable to issue replacement mobile tickets. The safekeeping of the mobile ticket is your responsibility. In the event that the mobile ticket or your device is lost or damaged, we will be unable to provide a duplicate or replacement ticket and a new ticket will need to be purchased.
8. Data Protection:
b. Certain parts of the app use services provided via the Google Maps APIs, for example, when planning a journey using the app, whether you have an account or not, the details you enter are sent to Google and used to return results. Your continued use of the app indicates your agreement to be bound byand your acceptance of the content of .
9. Availability and Liability:
We do not warrant that that the App will be available at all times or that when available it will function without error but we will use our reasonable endeavours to ensure that the App is available for use and operative at all times during which our Company operates services however we will not be responsible or liable where failure of the App is due to a reason beyond our reasonable control. In the event that the App does not work for any reason which is within our reasonable control then our sole liability to you shall be a refund of the cost of any journey which has been pre-paid and that you are unable to make due to the App’s unavailability. We will not be liable for any other losses of whatever type suffered by you. Applications for refunds under due to unavailability shall be notified to the Company within 48 hours of the occurrence of the unavailability and limited to an amount equal to two-day travel passes.
Go North East
Registered in England No 2057284
Registered Office: 3rd Floor, 41-51 Grey Street, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE1 6EE
A wholly owned subsidiary of the Go-Ahead Group Plc