Buses for Newcastle United matches
Getting to St James' Park is really easy with us as we run a wide range of frequent services to the heart of Newcastle, as well as a dedicated Park & Ride route from Metrocentre.
Normal service buses
We run a wide range of frequent buses to the heart of Newcastle City Centre from around the region. Use our handy journey planner and you'll be on your way in no time at all.
X50 - Match Day Park & Ride
- The X50 is a direct link between the Metrocentre and St James’ Park on Newcastle United home match days, offering a convenient Park & Ride service and easy access to the stadium for everyone.
- Runs for all Newcastle United first team home matches during the 2023-24 football season.
- The first bus leaves the Metrocentre (Coach Park) two hours before each match. Buses then run at frequent intervals until the last departure 15 minutes before the scheduled kick-off time.
- Buses return from St James’ Park at frequent intervals after each match. The last bus leaves one hour after the final whistle.
- Free parking in dedicated spaces at the Metrocentre Coach Park – an attendant is on hand to guide you to the reserved parking spaces.
- Open to everyone, offering direct access to the stadium before/after each match. The X50 stops at the Metrocentre Coach Park and on Barrack Road, behind the Milburn Stand, at St James’ Park.
- The X50 stops at the Metrocentre Coach Park and on Barrack Road, behind the Milburn Stand, at St James’ Park.
Tickets and Fares
- Adults - £1.50 single, £2 return
- Under 19 - £1 single
- Magpie Movers are valid on this service, but no other tickets can be used (which includes Network One travel cards, Go North East adult, 5 to 25 tickets, and English national concessionary passes).
- Please note that Magpie Movers are not valid for pre-season friendly matches.
- No charge for parking – just pay for your bus ticket as you board the bus.
- Cash or contactless accepted.
Extra buses for weekday evening matches
- In addition to our normal services, additional buses run for evening weekday matches on services 21 and X10 to help you get home.
Service 21 (Newcastle-Chester-le-Street)
|Newcastle Eldon Square||2205||2210|
|Low Fell Lyndhurst||2223||2228|
|Harlow Green Bridge||2232||2237|
|Birtley Station Lane||2232||2237|
|Chester-le-Street Red Lion||2241||2246|
Service X10 (Newcastle-Middlesbrough)
|Newcastle Eldon Square||2214|
|West Boldon Testos Roundabout||2237|
|Peterlee Essington Way||2300|
|Peterlee Bus Station||2303|
|Peterlee A19 Burnhope Way||2307|
|Billingham Town Centre||2322|
|Norton Red Lion||2330|
|Stockton High Street||2335|
|Teesdale Durham University College||2340|
|Middlesbrough Bus Station||2347|