Changes to services in Hexham and Tyne Valley from 23 July 2017
From 23 July 2017, we're making some improvements to your services around Hexham and the Tyne Valley. This includes new direct buses to Newcastle from western areas, and an improved frequency on local services around Hexham. Find out more in the details below.
- There will be some very minor changes to peak time journeys to improve reliability.
- The Sunday evening journey which departs Newcastle at 11pm will be extended to run all the way through to Hexham.
Tynedale Links 680
- Journeys to Bellingham are slightly retimed to improve reliability.
- Extra journeys will run on service 680 between Hexham and Acomb, to replace service 682 in this area.
Tynedale Links 682
- This service is replaced by revised services 680 and 683.
Tynedale Links 683 and new service 684
- The frequency of service to Priestlands and surrounding estates will be improved on a revised Hexham town service.
- Service 683 will now additionally serve Wydon Park, Beaumont Park and Dickson Drive, providing a regular hourly service to these estates.
- The revised service 683 will no longer travel to Fourstones or Newbrough – this section of route will be replaced by revised service X85.
- A new service 684 will run from Hexham Bus Station to Queen Elizabeth High School and Priestlands – meaning there are two buses an hour between Hexham and Priestlands, offering a better local town service.
Tynedale Links 686
- This service is extended from Ovington to Hexham via Corbridge and Beaufront, replacing service 687.
Tynedale Links 687
- This service is replaced by revised service 686.
Tynedale Links 688
- The times of journeys are slightly revised to improve reliability.
- Monday-Friday journeys will be retimed by up to five minutes.
Tynedale Xpress X84 and X85
- To offer new, direct connections to Newcastle, service X85 will be extended from Hexham Bus Station to Newbrough via Fourstones and the west end of Hexham.
- There will be an extra journey on service X85 in the morning peak towards Newcastle, giving you more options to travel to the City Centre.
- There will also be some changes to the timetable to improve the reliability of the service, which is needed due to increasing traffic congestion.