Where our bus stops are “request” stops, to the extent it is safe and you are able so to do, please can you clearly indicate you wish to use the bus.
If you have difficulties signalling to the bus driver at a “request” stop, you should find somewhere safe where you are able to make it clear to the driver you would like to use the bus.
You should avoid areas where you may cause yourself harm or harm others (so you should avoid places such as near parked cars or in front of a fire station).
- If you don’t have a valid ticket, Smartcard, permit or pass to travel, you must tell the driver or conductor the journey you intend to take if you are asked (and pay to the driver the amount requested to allow you to take that journey).
- You must not attempt to get on or off the bus which has stopped other than at designated stops (so you should not get off the bus when it stops at traffic lights or in road works, for example).
- Please behave in an appropriate decent manner which does not cause offence to other customers or members of our staff.
- We reserve the right to refuse entry and travel of any person onto our buses and coaches if that person is considered to be undesirable, a security or safety risk, with a poor level of personal hygiene, who is intoxicated, under the influence of drugs or other substances or who may otherwise cause a nuisance or disturbance.
- You may be asked to leave the bus or coach at any time where you are or are believed to be (i) smoking any substance; (ii) consuming alcohol; (iii) interfering with any equipment on or part of the vehicle; (iv) interfering with or threatening or being abusive to a member of staff or other person travelling on the bus or coach; or (v) causing a public nuisance.
- Whilst we make every effort to provide appropriate access to and accommodation on our vehicles for those of our passengers who are elderly, have young children, are pregnant or who are disabled, we would ask that you think about their needs and, wherever possible, please vacate seats and consider their requirements: it will mean a lot to these people.
- Please help keep our buses clean, avoid putting your feet on the seats, take your rubbish home with you and don’t discard your unwanted belonging on our buses or coaches.
- Please feel free to listen to music (it can make the journey much quicker) but use headphones at all times as our other customers may not want to listen.
- Please do not use electronic cigarettes or other types of imitation smoking devices on our buses. These are forbidden from being used on our buses and coaches.
- Please do not distribute anything on our buses or at our premises or offer anything for sale or collect for charity without our prior written consent.
We support a mother's right to breastfeed her baby in public. This includes doing so on any of our buses and coaches. Many of our customers are mothers and children and we understand completely that babies need to be fed when they are hungry.
We shall be relieved of any liability to you for any loss or damage if such loss or damage is due to: (i) you doing something or not doing something you should have done when on our buses or coaches; (ii) insufficiency of the packing of any luggage you bring on board one of our buses or coaches: (iii) a strike, lock-out, stoppage or industrial dispute, the consequence of which meant we were not able to provide the services expected; or (ii) any other event which we were unable to avoid or prevent by the exercise of reasonable diligence.