Conditions of Carriage
These Conditions of Carriage apply to all of our bus and coach services we operate in the United Kingdom.
- These services include local bus services, school services, Park&Ride bus services and airline coach services run by those companies which are members of the Go-Ahead Group. Anyone who travels on one of our buses or coaches is covered by these Conditions although your statutory rights are not affected.
- These Conditions also reflect the legal obligations in how we perform the service and in the way you should conduct yourself when using our buses and coaches.
These Conditions do not apply to services contracted for and on behalf of Transport for London and / or National Express. In addition, you should refer to the operator’s website for specific services relating to private coach hire and those overseas services we operate.
Where you have purchased a ticket from us for a journey which allows you to travel for part or all of that journey with another bus operator, you will be subject to the conditions of carriage of that other bus operator and we accept no responsibility for the conduct of that operator and no liability to you as a result of that operator’s conduct. If, however, we use a subcontractor to provide the service we ordinarily operate, and for which you paid your ticket to use, these Conditions apply.
- These Conditions may be altered from time to time and without notice. The set of Conditions which applies to you is the set which is in force at the time you purchase a ticket, Smartcard, pass, permit or other legitimate means of travel. Where we refer to the term “ticket”, we treat this term to include a pass, permit or other legitimate means of travel unless the context otherwise requires.
- Please note that these Conditions may also vary for services we operate for and on behalf of other organisations. Further, should you use tickets which we have issued to you but such tickets are valid on services of other bus operators outside London and the Go-Ahead Group or on railways, you are also subject to the regulations and conditions published by those companies when using their vehicles of trains.
- These Conditions form the entire agreement between the operator, on whose bus or coach you are travelling, and you and shall exclude any other purported variation thereof, whether written or oral, unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Group Chief Executive of The Go-Ahead Group plc.
- These Conditions are governed by the laws of England and you and we submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England. If any court or competent authority decides that any provision of these Conditions is invalid, unlawful or unenforceable, the other provisions shall remain in full force.
- We welcome suggestions and complaints as they help us to improve our services and help us to put things right when they have gone wrong. We handle complaints with tact and consideration and, where we have failed, we will offer our sincere, speedy response together with a genuine commitment to avoid repeating the same failure. If you have any query, suggestion or complaint, you can contact us by letter, telephone, through our website, on social media or by email. If you are not happy with the handling of a complaint, you can contact the Bus Appeals Body (the “Body”), an independent body which caters for the interests of passengers by providing an independent means of reviewing passengers’ complaints when these have not been settled with bus operators. The contact details of this Body are set out below.
Our registered office is 3rd Floor, 41-51 Grey Street, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 6EE, England and our company number is 2057284.
These Conditions apply with effect from 1st November 2013 and replace all previous terms and conditions.
Complaints to the Bus Appeals Body
In the event you are not satisfied with the handling of your complaint, you may contact the Bus Appeals Body whose contact details are as follows:
c/o Bus Users UK
PO Box 119
Tel: 01932 232574