Bus Driver vacancies
Our professional drivers provide safe, reliable and efficient passenger journeys across the North East, providing our valued customers with the best quality travel experience through their friendly, knowledgeable and helpful approach.
We have depots across the North East, with bus drivers based at Chester-le-Street, Consett, Gateshead, Hexham, Percy Main, Peterlee, Sunderland and Washington.
Do I need to have a bus driving licence to apply?
No previous bus driving experience is required to become a bus driver, thanks to our award-winning in-house Training Academy, where full training is provided free of charge.
We'll teach you how to drive a bus, put you through your bus driving test, whilst also covering accessibility and customer services training. Ongoing training will also be provided.
A minimum of 12 months car driving experience is required. Applications are also welcomed from those who already hold a PCV licence.
What are pay and benefits like?
A starting salary of £21,000 per year, with the potential of up to £35,000 a year with overtime and enhancements.
- Free travel benefits for you and travel discounts for your family.
- Team GNE Awards – annual awards with the chance to win prizes for providing excellent customer service.
- Team GNE discounts – saving up to 5% at major supermarkets and up to 10% at high street retailers.
- Free uniform is provided and renewed each year.
- Pension scheme – automatic enrolment into the company pension scheme. In addition to your own contributions Go North East will also contribute into your pension fund.
- Free eye test.