Belsay Hall, Castle and Gardens is set in beautiful Northumberland – and now you can get there with us thanks to our special summer X75 express service, running fast and direct from Newcastle and Ponteland.
When the Belsay Express runs in 2021
- Weekends in July
- Weekends and bank holidays in August
Timetable and map
- View the Belsay Express timetable and map – simply change the calendar to your desired date of travel
- Prefer a PDF? You can download our Belsay Express leaflet
Belsay Express bus fares
- Day return from Newcastle – £7
- Day return from Newcastle for English Heritage members – £5.60 (just show your membership card)
- Family Day Ticket – £12 (up to two adults and 3 children with minimum of one adult and one child)
- Go Zones day, weekly and monthly tickets are valid (all zones tickets)
- Concession pass holders travel free
Discounted entry when you travel with us
Save 20% on admission to Belsay when you travel with us.
Please note that visits to Belsay need to be pre-booked currently – just use discount code 20BelsayBus when you book on English Heritage's website.
What to see and do
Lose yourself in the vast 30 acre Grade I listed gardens, including the Quarry Garden, inspired by Sir Charles Monck’s travels with all sorts of exotic plants growing there.
You could also explore the 14th century medieval castle and power up 56 spiral stairs to enjoy the views from the top of the pele tower. There’s a maze of rooms to explore and keep an eye out for rare traces of elaborate medieval wall paintings.
There’s also a fantastic second-hand bookshop to explore, then there’s the Victorian tearooms to relax in after you’ve enjoyed a great experience walking through the gardens.
Buses run on Saturdays, Sundays and bank Holidays from Saturday 3 July up to Monday 30 August from Haymarket Bus Station in Newcastle.